Remote Proctored Exams
From the Safety of Your Home
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, remote-proctored exams are now available.
A Remote proctored exam allows you to take an exam at a remote location while ensuring your safety as well as the integrity of the exam. The system will require the applicant to confirm his/her identity. During the remote exam session, a proctor will monitor the person, looking for behavior that could indicate cheating.
What Exam Can I Register For?
Requirements for a Remote Proctored Exam?
- Modern laptop or PC
- Chrome browser
- A webcam that can be used to scan the room
- Microphone and speaker for communication with the proctor
- Internet access
- It is recommended to have a smartphone as well although not compulsory
Note to the exam candidate
- The proctor has the right to cancel the exam should he experience any suspicious behaviour from the exam candidate
- Focus on your laptop screen to answer your question within the allowable timeframe.
- The exam session is recorded for post-exam reviews.
- A quite room with all doors closed
- No other persons are allowed in the room
- No phones or any other disturbances e.g. children, animals, etc.
- Access to a stable internet (A drop in the internet connection might result in cancellation of the remote exam session)
- Make sure that your room does not contain any exam notes, course materials.
- Make sure that you do not wear a watch
- No electronic devices e.g. tablets are in the room
What Are the Steps for a Remote Proctored Exam?
Have a look at our exam schedule and register for your chosen, exam.
Perform a technical test prior to the exam session:
- You will receive an email with instructions on how to perform the technical test.
- Please contact us if you experience any technical problems.
- Let us know when your technical test passes.
Write your exam from the safety of your home.
- Be on time: Make sure that you are not late for your scheduled exam (Tip: log in about 10 minutes prior to your scheduled exam time)
- Get connected: Log into the secure area for your remote proctored exam session
- Get accepted: Wait to be accepted into the exam session. A proctor will guide you through the identification phase.
- Identification: Identify yourself by displaying your ID card close enough to the webcam.
- Scan your exam room: Your proctor will request you to do a 360o scan of the room.
- Write your exam: A proctor will monitor the exam session and will be able to communicate with you and vice versa.
What Is Not Allowed During the Proctored Exam Session?
- Wearing a watch
- Any kind of aid e.g. exam notes, course materials, textbooks
- No headphones
- No recording devices
- No recording or any form of a copy of the exam questions
- No mobile phone or telephones – unless otherwise specified by proctor for surveillance purposes
- Personal items e.g. purses, hats, handbags
- No tea or body breaks are allowed
- No other person is allowed in the room