- To contribute to the recognition of software testing in South Africa as a professional activity performed by skilled, competent and certified individuals.
- To harness the knowledge and skills of experienced software testing practitioners in the South African ICT market to the benefit of both the local and international software testing community.
- To provide the South African ICT market with a common understanding of testing through the use of ISTQB's syllabus and certification process.
- To highlight the importance of independent software testing and the benefits to be achieved by using generally accepted standards.
- To provide South African testing professionals with access to internationally recognised experts in the software testing domain.
- To be the management and control body for software test engineering education in South Africa.
- To incorporate software testing as a profession in the South African context and to develop this scarce resource to be part of the ICT delivery of skills and technology.