The objectives of the South African Software Testing Qualifications Board
- To contribute to Information and Communication Technology (ICT) training programs.
- To provide an internationally recognised qualification.
- To attract outsourcing to SA through alignment with international standards.
- To co-ordinate and standardise all national training requirements and certification.
- To ensure that quality training and certification are obtained and retained.
- To have a standard to which all companies can relate and acquire quality certified resources.
- To incorporate tertiary institutions and to promote testing as a professional career in the industry.
- To be an entry point into the market at an affordable price and increase the number of resources available to meet market needs.
- To retain resources as well as create job opportunities within South Africa.
- To provide a credible professional qualification to candidates and enable commensurate remuneration.
- To supply a much-needed, constant stream of skilled resources to the South African market.