The SASTQB is currently providing examination sessions in Gauteng, Cape Town and Durban. Details on exam venues will be provided on registration.
Number of weeks prior to exam date
Less than 2 weeks prior to the exam
Less than 1 week prior to the exam
No appearance at exam venue
|Exam fee will be forfeited|
- No cancellation fee will be charged if a doctor's certificate can confirm that the candidate was unable to attend the exam session.
- Candidates must inform the SASTQB if they are not able to attend for an exam session.
Cancellation by training providers
No charge for cancellation up to two weeks prior to the due exam date. This booking may be cancelled by the training provider without charge provided that the SASTQB is notified, in writing or by email, no later than 5 calendar days prior to the exam date. Cancellation after this time will incur an administration charge of R 1000.
Cancellation of exam session by the SASTQB
The SASTQB reserves the right to cancel an exam session if fewer than 5 candidates have registered for a public exam session. The exam session can be cancelled up to 48 hours before commencement.
- Each candidate must be able to identify him/herself before writing the exam. Please remember to take your ID book, passport or driver's license to the exam venue.
- All examination fees must be fully paid prior to the exam session.
- Candidates will not be allowed to enter the examination session in the event of late arrival.
- The pass rate is 65%.
- A candidate will have three opportunities to write and pass the exam within 6 months. If failing to do so, the candidate will only be permitted to write an exam again after 12 months.
- The duration of the examination session for the Foundation Certification is 60 minutes.
- The duration of the examination session for the Advanced Level Certifications is 90 minutes.
- The duration of the examination session for the Advanced Test Manager and Advanced Test Analyst is 180 minutes.
- The duration of the examination session for the Advanced Technical Test Analyst is 120 minutes.
Download the ISTQB Exam Structure and Rules version 2013-1.2 (PDF 275KB).
Exam registration process
The following ISTQB certifications are available:
- ISTQB Foundation Certification
- ITQB CTFL Agile
- ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst
- ISTQB Advanced Test Manager
- ISTQB Advanced Technical Test Analyst
Terms and conditions
- All exam fees must be paid fully prior to the exam session.
- Candidates must present their identification document at the exam session for personal identification.
- If fewer than 5 candidates have registered for an exam session, the exam session may be cancelled up to 48 hours before commencement.
Download exam registration form
Click here for the online registration form